North Dakota Department of Health, Division of Disease ControlFebruary 2020
- Feb 2020 - West Nile Surveillance Coordinator– Epidemiologist II
- Epidemiologist focusing on Vectorborne diseases and Hospital Acquired Infections.
- July 2020 - COVID-19 Lead Epidemiologist and University Subject Matter Expert
- Epidemiologist focusing on COVID-19 data analysis and College/University related topics
- November 2020 - Surveillance and Electronic Reporting System Coordinator – Epidemiologist III
- Epidemiologist focusing on management and improvements to North Dakota Electronic Disease Surveillance System (Maven), as well as disease data collection, management and analysis.
PfizerJanuary - May 2019
Epidemiology Research Associate
Contracted for two maternal vaccine safety projects
- Conducted systematic reviews on 24 obstetric outcomes for the United States.
- As part of a team, conducted systematic review on obstetric outcomes in women who received influenza seasonal or pandemic vaccination during pregnancy.
NYU College of Global Public HealthSeptember - December 2018
Adjunct Graduate Instructor
Graduate GPH-GU 2106 Epidemiology Recitation
- Presented brief lectures to review readings and lectures
- Facilitated discussions on learning objectives and homework assignments
- Held office hours to review concepts with students
- Graded exams and homework assignments
NYU College of Global Public HealthSeptember 2018 – May 2019
Graduate GPH-GU 2225 Psychometric Measurement and Data Analysis in Public Health Research and Practice
- Assisted in setting up class exercises, technology, and grading
Undergraduate UGPH-GU 30 Epidemiology for Global Health
- Assisted in tracking attendance and grading
NYU SEARCH programJune – December 2018
Research Assistant (Volunteer)
(Social Epidemiology And Research in Community Health) Program
- Co-authored chapter on stroke epidemiology; Wilson, R. (2018). Stroke Rehabilitation (1st ed.) Elsevier.
- Conducted literature review on individual risk factors of stroke, on stroke statistics, and on stroke prevention to synthesize into the text; sourced and obtained permissions for tables and figures.
- Developed Codebook to accompany SWIFT (Stroke Warning Information and Faster Treatment) dataset
- Abstract and poster presenter at International Stroke Conference titled “Stroke Knowledge Over Time Among Multi-ethnic Stroke Survivors in New York City”
- Research Coordinator for Pilot of FURRThER (Families Understanding Risk Reduction Through Educational Reinforcement) educational clinical trial at NYU Langone Medical Center.
- Assisted in development of survey, script, visuals, and recruitment materials for pilot
- Assisted in recruitment of participants for pilot at hospital
Pots with Purpose2015-2016
- Developed a community-based intervention working to enhance water safety and sanitation in informal settlements of Kenya, Africa. Conducted field research to assess efficacy and need.
- Competed in Acara Challenge for chance to win a fellowship to fund further research
- Awarded Acara Innovation Fellowship by University of Minnesota Institute on the Environment to fund field research.
- Developed website templates for mass-produced customer websites.
- Provided technical support for implementation of, and updates on, these websites.
- Assisted in development of marketing materials for customers.
Sanford HealthMay-August 2013
- Transfer of Electronic medical records from Centricity to EPIC EMR during a site-wide Go-Live event at the Clinic and Hospitals
- Provided tech support to nurses learning the new software.