North Dakota Department of Health and Human Services, Disease Control and Forensic Pathology SectionNovember 2020
Electronic Surveillance Systems Manager
- Responsible for oversight, maintenance, and implementation of the North Dakota Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NDEDSS), including data quality, report development, workflow design, and project coordination. Ensuring electronic connections between reporting laboratories and clinics and NDEDSS are maintained, and data quality is ensured. Completing change requests for programs utilizing NDEDSS. Providing resolution to issues or escalate to vendor, if necessary.
- Design and carry out complex informatics projects, including data management activities (e.g., electronic file transmission and conversion, import/export preparation, data transfers, quality assurance), database maintenance (user access controls, updates/testing, reference tables, troubleshooting) and analyses/reports.
- Champion Data Modernization Initiative efforts for Disease Control and Forensic Pathology Section, and assist in leading Data Modernization Initiative for Public Health Division until hiring of a Data Modernization Director
- Supervise epidemiologists, data quality staff, and surveillance staff. Provide epidemiological guidance for all ELC supervised diseases and conditions. Provide analytical support to all program areas within Disease Control. Manage year-end case closeout for all diseases and conditions nationally reportable to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
North Dakota Department of Health and Human Services, Disease Control and Forensic Pathology SectionFebruary 2020
West Nile Surveillance Coordinator and COVID-19 University Subject Matter Expert
- Validated WNV reporting data and monitoring of cases.
- Created and analyzed enrollment surveys for COVID-19 testing events at the start of the pandemic.
- Developed systems for reporting laboratory results for COVID testing events. Built a platform for individuals missing lab results to obtain them. Facilitated a relationship with the Microbiology Laboratory to enable Case Managers to deliver lab results to their cases. Developed procedures and managed a team of Internal and External operators for calling results for testing events.
- Assisted in development of Contact Tracing Application using Microsoft Dynamics. Participated in design and planning for system improvements and troubleshooting critical system problems. Developed views to enable data analysis from the Contact Tracing and Test Registration Platforms. Conducted trainings for Dynamics system features.
- Developed automated reports for daily updates. Conducted analyses for Disease Control, Health Analytics, and Unified Command for time-sensitive products. Assisted in developing definitions for public reporting of COVID-19 data. Designed SMART Restart analysis of County Risk Levels. Provided weekly reports to the Governor's Office regarding DOH assessment of county risk levels, and recommendations for county risk maps. Assisted in redesign of the North Dakota Smart Restart Guidelines for all industries. Led efforts to correct data reporting in national media.
PfizerJanuary - May 2019
Epidemiology Research Associate
Contracted for two maternal vaccine safety projects
- Conducted systematic reviews on 24 obstetric outcomes for the United States.
- As part of a team, conducted systematic review on obstetric outcomes in women who received influenza seasonal or pandemic vaccination during pregnancy.
NYU College of Global Public HealthSeptember - December 2018
Adjunct Graduate Instructor
Graduate GPH-GU 2106 Epidemiology Recitation
- Presented brief lectures to review readings and lectures
- Facilitated discussions on learning objectives and homework assignments
- Held office hours to review concepts with students
- Graded exams and homework assignments
NYU College of Global Public HealthSeptember 2018 – May 2019
Graduate GPH-GU 2225 Psychometric Measurement and Data Analysis in Public Health Research and Practice
- Assisted in setting up class exercises, technology, and grading
Undergraduate UGPH-GU 30 Epidemiology for Global Health
- Assisted in tracking attendance and grading
NYU SEARCH programJune – December 2018
Research Assistant (Volunteer)
(Social Epidemiology And Research in Community Health) Program
- Co-authored chapter on stroke epidemiology; Wilson, R. (2018). Stroke Rehabilitation (1st ed.) Elsevier.
- Conducted literature review on individual risk factors of stroke, on stroke statistics, and on stroke prevention to synthesize into the text; sourced and obtained permissions for tables and figures.
- Developed Codebook to accompany SWIFT (Stroke Warning Information and Faster Treatment) dataset
- Abstract and poster presenter at International Stroke Conference titled “Stroke Knowledge Over Time Among Multi-ethnic Stroke Survivors in New York City”
- Research Coordinator for Pilot of FURRThER (Families Understanding Risk Reduction Through Educational Reinforcement) educational clinical trial at NYU Langone Medical Center.
- Assisted in development of survey, script, visuals, and recruitment materials for pilot
- Assisted in recruitment of participants for pilot at hospital
Pots with Purpose2015-2016
- Developed a community-based intervention working to enhance water safety and sanitation in informal settlements of Kenya, Africa. Conducted field research to assess efficacy and need.
- Competed in Acara Challenge for chance to win a fellowship to fund further research
- Awarded Acara Innovation Fellowship by University of Minnesota Institute on the Environment to fund field research.
- Developed website templates for mass-produced customer websites.
- Provided technical support for implementation of, and updates on, these websites.
- Assisted in development of marketing materials for customers.
Sanford HealthMay-August 2013
- Transfer of Electronic medical records from Centricity to EPIC EMR during a site-wide Go-Live event at the Clinic and Hospitals
- Provided tech support to nurses learning the new software.