2019New York University College of Global Public Health
Master in Public Health – Epidemiology Concentration
- Thesis: Adverse Sleep and Blood Pressure Reduction Following Stroke
- Graduate Representative on Student Governing Council
- Epidemiology Excellence Award recipient
2016University of Minnesota College of Biological Sciences
Bachelor of Science – Majors in Neuroscience and Psychology; Minor in Public Health
- Dean’s List 2012, 2014, 2016
- Acara Innovation Fellow
January - May 2019Pfizer
Epidemiology Research Associate
- Conducted systematic reviews on 24 obstetric outcomes for the United States.
- As part of a team, conducted systematic review on obstetric outcomes in women who received influenza seasonal or pandemic vaccination during pregnancy.
September - December 2018NYU College of Global Public Health
Adjunct Graduate Instructor
Graduate GPH-GU 2106 Epidemiology Recitation
- Presented brief lectures to review readings and lectures
- Facilitated discussions on learning objectives and homework assignments
- Held office hours to review concepts with students
- Graded exams and homework assignments
September 2018 – May 2019NYU College of Global Public Health
Graduate GPH-GU 2225 Psychometric Measurement and Data Analysis in Public Health Research and Practice
- Assisted in setting up class exercises, technology, and grading
- Assisted in tracking attendance and grading
June – December 2018NYU SEARCH program
Research Assistant (Volunteer)
(Social Epidemiology And Research in Community Health) Program
- Co-authored chapter on stroke epidemiology; Wilson, R. (2018). Stroke Rehabilitation (1st ed.) Elsevier.
- Conducted literature review on individual risk factors of stroke, on stroke statistics, and on stroke prevention to synthesize into the text; sourced and obtained permissions for tables and figures.
- Developed Codebook to accompany SWIFT (Stroke Warning Information and Faster Treatment) dataset
- Abstract and poster presenter at International Stroke Conference titled “Stroke Knowledge Over Time Among Multi-ethnic Stroke Survivors in New York City”
- Research Coordinator for Pilot of FURRThER (Families Understanding Risk Reduction Through Educational Reinforcement) educational clinical trial at NYU Langone Medical Center.
- Assisted in development of survey, script, visuals, and recruitment materials for pilot
- Assisted in recruitment of participants for pilot at hospital
2015-2016Pots with Purpose
- Developed a community-based intervention working to enhance water safety and sanitation in informal settlements of Kenya, Africa. Conducted field research to assess efficacy and need.
- Competed in Acara Challenge for chance to win a fellowship to fund further research
- Awarded Acara Innovation Fellowship by University of Minnesota Institute on the Environment to fund field research.
- Development of website templates for mass-produced customer websites.
- Provides technical support for implementation of, and updates on, these websites.
- Assists in development of marketing materials for customers.
May-August 2013Sanford Health
- Transfer of Electronic medical records from Centricity to EPIC EMR during a site-wide Go-Live event at the Clinic and Hospitals
- Provided tech support to nurses learning the new software.